What better way to know how popular a company is but by their approximate monthly web traffic
Listed below are nine snack and candy box subscription services by their approximate monthly site traffic based upon a popular web traffic analytics tool.
1. Tokyo Treat
Ayumi is the founder of the website/business, and she is operating out of Tokyo with her crew in Japan.
- 438,601 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from $25-35 a month.
2. Japan Crate
Established in 2014, Hank Rao is the founder, and they are based out of the SF Bay Area. He and his team not only run Japan Crate, but several sub-brands which include Doki Doki (kawaii care package), Umai Crate (udon, yakisoba, spaghetti, soba, ramen, and more), and Sugoi Crate (cool stuff like Gundam figures to a Link hoodie).
- 189,241 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from $12, $25, to $35 a month.
Founder Danny Taing and his team are the only box that includes a tea pairing specifically selected to complement that month’s delicacies.
- 116,686 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from $24.99 to $36.99 a month.
4. Umai Box
A French company (based in Europe), NihonBox and UmaiBox specialize in candy and snacks. The subscription service is available in English (German and French), but the blog is only in French. Beyond that, you’ll have to dig to find out anything else about the people or where they’re based out of.
- 52,547 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from €27.99 a month.
5. Japan Candy Box
Established in 2002, the Kawaii Group out of Hong Kong has been doing this for quite some time, so they’re not noobs to the game. Their motto is “even the smallest amount of cuteness can provide a huge boost of joy and happiness to your everyday life. Just remember to stay kawaii!”
- 34,852 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from $19.90 to $21.90 a month.
6. My Japan Box
Who is behind Japan Box, BMedia, “a worldwide multi-talented agency.” Also in their words “happy combination of multiple skills, BMedia was born from the desire to efficiently mix them all. To us, branding, marketing, trading, advertising, networking or management are obviously connected, and so are our many services. Whether you pick one up or ask for global support, our long-experienced international team will harmoniously work in synergy.”
- 12,086 Approximate Monthly Visits
- Prices range from $29.99 to a $99.99 mega box a month.
Shigeki is the founder of Snakku, and he was born in Tokyo, Japan although he grew up in NYC, so if you see him throwing shade on his blog about competitors, forgettaboutit.
- 9,443 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices range from $16.95 to 38.95 a month.
8. Wow Box
Nothing about who they are other than them being Wow/Now, Inc.
- 8,553 Approximate Monthly Visits.
- Prices starting from $27 a month.
9. Candy Japan
The service was started by a Japanese-Finnish family living in Tokushima, Japan (how we met). It has been running for over 5 years already. We are transparent about figures such as revenue, expenses, member count etc. and publish these in our business blog.
- 7,979 approximate monthly visits.
- Prices starting from $12.95 a month.
Sidenote: Skoshbox in their own words was the “original monthly service for snacks and candy from Japan” unfortunately shutdown as of April 25th, 2018.