Yea, you can try to Google what you are looking for, but you are not going to readily find or learn what many of these individuals know, which is why I am doing this guide on Japanese food and culture influencers.
There are so many people out there that are more worthwhile to follow than most media outlets which range from Instagrammers, YouTubers to fellow bloggers, many of them I consider homies.
Japanese Art/Culture Influencers
- Tokyo Fashion
- About: Japanese street fashion pictures from Harajuku, Shibuya & other areas of Tokyo. We bring street style from Japan to the world.
- Instagram: tokyofashion
Japanese Alcohol/Drink Influencers
- Urban Sake
- Whisky Japan
- About: Japanese whisky enthusiast. Photos of rarities and new releases, tasting notes, and bar info.
- Instagram: whiskyjapan
Japanese Candy Influencers
Japanese Food (American) Influencers
- Brake Checkd
- Name: Ganesh
- About: he loves his wagyu, and I added him because he is a homie and a contributor to my blog.
- Instagram: brakecheckd
- Oishii Desu
- Turning off Japanese
- Name: Tomoko Imade Dyen, JP Food Ambassador
- Yakitori Guy
Japanese Food (Japanese) Influencers
- Master Wagyu
- About: Executive chef and butcher in Tokyo
- Language: English and Japanese
- Instagram: master_wagyu
- Tokyo Food File
Ramen (Japanese) Influencers
- Go Ramen
- Ramen Adventures
- Ramen Beast: “ラーメン ビースト”
- Ramen Guide Japan
- Ramen Kaonashi
Ramen (American) Influencers
- Ramen Culture: “expanding the ramen culture”
- Name: Mark H., made in Japan, raised in LA, quarantined in NYC.
- Ramen Fiendd
- About: resident foodie, professional ramen eater and now amateur ramen cook. Follow me as I delve into all things ramen.
- Instagram: ramen_fiendd
- Ramen Lord
- Way of Ramen
This list is far from complete, and I will be constantly adding to it. Also, if you feel like you should be on it, please feel free to reach out to me via the contact form because most likely you’re right about that.