Your Stomach Loves Us (YSLU) is a non-profit initiative created due to the violence towards the AAPI community.
YSLU x Go!Go! Curry! Giveaway:
- August 15-16 (Sunday and Monday), doors open at 12pm
- Go!Go! Curry!, 567 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027 (Harlem)
- This is a no cost event and we are producing 500 servings per day (1,000k over two days).
- We are providing a medium sized Go!Go! Curry chicken cutlet (katsu). The retail price is regularly $12.95 and also includes rice and sliced cabbage.
- We were 1 of only 4 awarded $5,000 by GoFundme. The award was presented to us when we spoke with the company and CEO via Zoom.
- The money raised on GoFundMe was primarily from our friends and colleagues (even an ex-girlfriend) which also includes filmmakers/documentarians to people in the food/restaurant industry.
- YSLU was started by a 4th-generation Japanese American out of Los Angeles/Denver, and a 2nd generation Filipino American in New York city.
- We are working with industry veterans in food events. Our volunteers have a tremendous amount of experience running food film festivals in New York.
Press Release and Imagery: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J6FJxf9qAwFPXUrVX5u580fQcxW5L5yP?usp=sharing
Our Event Collaborator
Your Stomach Loves Us