- Headquarters: Gardena, CA
- Founded: 1965
- Number of locations in SoCal: 5
- Locations (link to Google Places/Maps): Gardena, Cupertino, Little Tokyo LA, Gardena (pictured), San Diego, West LA.
- Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Food Court: 11am to 8:30 pm.
- Notes: I’ve long relied on Marukai to come through with Hawaiian food products like lau lau (pork, chicken, etc), and I’m sure I account for one of the bigger buyers of that product. It’s also the reason why I’ve noticed that Keoki’s lau lau go from roughtly $11 for a 3-pack to the Tokyo Central price of $16+ ($13.49 at other online stores). So, if they’re both the same company, why the price increase? Would this product be cheaper at Marukai?
- Website: www.marukai.com
- Online Store: www.tokyocentral.com
- Social: none